Is chocolate actually healthy? The buzz around chocolate these days is around flavonoids and trace minerals, some of the molecules that make cacao a so-called “super food.” But do you know what those things are, and more importantly, why they matter?
5 Reasons to Eat More Quality Chocolate
Chocolate is good for us because it makes us happy on a basic, chemical level. Studies have proven this time & time again, and no, a Cadbury bar that’s 50% sugar doesn’t count. But a positive brain response is not the only reason to grab a quality chocolate bar for your post-meal bliss.
- Small amounts of quality chocolate fight the aging process.
- The fat in cacao is good for you, in moderation.
- When chosen discerningly, chocolate raises people out of poverty.
- Cacao trees help to maintain biodiversity on plantations.
- Sustainable chocolate teaches you about other cultures.
Chocolate on a Chemical Level
View original post 511 more words