I received this and thought this was great information to share. We always need a Mood Booster don’t we…
If you’re feeling stuck in a mental rut, climbing your way out can sometimes seem impossible.
Today I would like to share with you a few baby steps you can take when you’re feeling overwhelmed, stressed, or especially down:
- Lower your shoulders and release your jaw. We tend to hold tension in these places, so bring awareness to them when you’re feeling stressed out.
- Talk to a stranger. We’re social beings, so talking to a stranger can give you a small boost of endorphins that boost your mood. My local food mart is a great place to strike up a conversation with a stranger. Only yesterday, I met a local who had worked on the film set of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome who still receives Christmas cards from the actors in that show – created some 30 plus years ago!
- Change your scenery. If you’ve been huddled in your bedroom all day, just moving to the living room can make a world of difference. Better yet, if you’re able to, take a walk outside and get some fresh air.
- Want a quick, 2 minute exercise? Take a power pose! (Who could believe that putting your feet up on your desk could alter your mood for the better!?) More on this here.
- Act out some happy movements. Even if you’re not feeling ecstatic, things like skipping, jumping, or even just throwing your hands in the air, can make you feel happier.
- You could also take a 30 minute listening break to our popular Happiness Frequency YouTube music video.
Pin this email up on your fridge and reach out to it whenever you need a little pick me up.
Much love to you today,
Thank you, Jason! This is amazing and a HUGE help!
Always with Light & Love Angels!!