A little something I came across in my class at IOA on Mindfulness to think about… I know I will be considering the following as well:
If you’re stressed about something, stop, consider it, and ask yourself the following questions:
- How does it affect me?
- Can I fix it? If so, can I do it now?
- Will worrying about it solve anything?
- Will it affect me tomorrow? The week after? How about 10 minutes from now?
- Is my behavior or mental attitude adding to the problem?
- Is someone with me adding to the problem?
- If it is aproblem with another person, is there some way I could compromise to solve the problem?
- Is the problem my fault? If not, who’s fault is it? Does that matter?
These questions will very quickly show you that many of the things we get angry or upset about, like being cut off while driving, don’t actually impact us outside of the moment they happen, yet we allow them to affect our lives for long after they step out of it.
The simple question “Why does it matter” might not redefine your life, but it can redefine how you approach problems, and how long you remain upset about them.
RELEASE… And Let It Go…Just Breathe
Hmmm…. Interesting Food For Thought Angels!