Happy Friday Angels!!! I hope this message finds you ALL well and enjoying your day thus far. Are we ready for the weekend? I know I am and in doing so, I am preparing to be happier than I have been with a little help from my Mindfulness Masterclass at IOA. Let’s see if the below will work for us ALL should we need it:
- Recognize the things that make you unhappy or stressed
- Take steps to remove, solve, or change the things that make you unhappy or stressed
- Focus your attention on your actions and not on your thoughts when you are not deliberately thinking, so that you allow yourself to relax and be happy
- Recognize what you have and be grateful for it
- Find and break patterns that cause unhappiness or stress
- When you find yourself thinking negative thoughts about yourself, guide your attention elsewhere.
- Make time and room for being happy
Let’s try this Exercise together:
Exercise: Stop, take a moment, and decide why you are grateful to have things throughout the day. These things can be anything, but try to aim for at least 8 over the course of a single day. You can use this sentence to express your gratitude:
“I am happy that I have (this) because: ”
For example, “I am happy that I have my job because it provides me with the money I need to live”, “I am happy that I have my phone because it allows me to call my mother and text my best friend”.
You can also apply this to things that might seem bad.
“I am happy that it is raining because it helps plants to grow”
“I am happy I lost my job because it will allow me to change my focus and to find a job that I love “.
Part of gratitude is seeing positives, looking for ways to improve, and deciding why or how something can improve your life. When you figure out why you want something in your life it is very easy to be grateful for it.
My Angels, this is a process and one that I know we are ALL willing to work on whenever we need it.
ALWAYS with Light & Love!